Our Consultants can make ERP implementation a success.
Today’s executives have more choices than ever when opting to either implement or upgrade an enterprise resource planning (ERP) solution.
From on-premises systems to cloud-based software-as-a-service to industry-based solutions, the options are vast and varied. These large, complex programmes promise to transform business systems and provide greater added value, but in retrospect many frequently fail to deliver.
ERP systems are often promised as ‘out-of-the-box’ solutions but mostly are not ‘one-size-fits-all’. An ERP implementation requires governance and planning which necessitates balance with Business Management to keep the project aligned with business objectives. With these considerations around the ability to deliver future value and benefits, senior leadership and boards can be assured in the investment when the future arrives.
Whether it’s a customised solution or an off the shelf platform such as Microsoft Dynamics, SAP, Oracle or JD Edwards, developing a well-considered implementation strategy is vital to safeguard your project’s success.
At Qual IT, we take a holistic approach acquired from extensive experience across multiple sectors and domains. We provide in-depth analysis of your situation and help you ask the questions that matter for delivery;
- Can the ERP application portfolio be realised within the timescales set?
- Are the implementation contracts vague regarding timelines, deliverables and costs?
- Is your existing IT governance model adaptive to the specific demands of ERP?
- Has the business been actively engaged, does it recognise the demands of ERP transformation, will it accept the solution?
- Has the complexity of your individual organisation been understood? Will standard application processes be implemented, and will they be workable?
- Now the project is underway, is your ERP Delivery Partner making team changes and bringing the best service experience and capability to your organisation?
- As the project progresses will it remain on budget? If cuts are made is QA targeted?
Sound familiar? If your ERP implementation is displaying any of these characteristics it is generally an indication the programme could be veering off course. Our Consultants can assist to reduce the risk and the underlying cost by helping you keep a grip on your deliverables, control the incremental steps and generate lasting value.
We can do this by;
- Embedding QA in the journey and asking the right questions of the project to identify the correct outcomes so that your ERP implementation strategy aligns with your business goals.
- Designing a ‘Fit for Purpose’ QA & governance framework to maintain consistent rigour and quality levels whilst evolving to meet the changing demands of each phase of an ERP project.
- Establishing mature business analysis competency, capturing any gaps between organisational needs and solution capabilities, and determining internal stakeholder and external customer expectations. Result = increase stakeholder buy-in
- Managing Risk – ERP Implementations demand change. With change comes risk. Some risk can be seen, some predicted, some planned for and some that takes you by surprise. A strong focus on minimizing risk and developing mitigation strategies ensures high-level project performance.
- Evaluating your project’s key deliverables and providing demonstrable recommendations for areas in need of improvement
Want an efficient implementation? Get in touch today and ensure your ERP project gets off on the right track and stays there. Arrange an in-confidence discussion with our ERP specialist Emma Pryce.
Looking for related information on the controlled implementation of ERP solutions? Check out this success story with The Produce Company.
Our Consulting team also have experts working across the following specialist fields: